Notice is hereby given that a Regular Meeting of the governing body of the Town of Anderson will be held on the 9th of November 2023 at 7:00 PM at the Town Hall located at 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX 77830, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to wit:
1. Call meeting to order and establish quorum
2. Invocation. “Please rise for the invocation and remain standing for the pledges to the flags.”
3. Pledges to the flags. “Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
4. Announcements and Staff Recognition
5. Public Comment: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the Meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
6. Mayor’s Updates
a. We survived October, thank you to everyone who stepped up to help during Pam’s holiday.
b. Working on wording for depository ad
c. Kott’s Café Appreciation Day
d. New businesses on Main St
7. Consent Agenda: All consent agenda items are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and vote.
a. Approval of minutes of 10/19/23 meeting.
b. Approval of claims & bills.
c. Approval of FY 23 line-item moves.
d. Approval of FY 24 line-item moves.
8. Reports Informational reports only, no action to be taken.
b. Wastewater plant
i. 2017 Harvey Grant
ii. ARPA Grant
iii. 2023-2024 CDBG
iv. CDBG MIT-MOD
v. Harvey Reallocation Funds
vi. Resilient Communities Program
d. Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)
9. Business Discuss, consider, and possibly take action regarding:
a. Consider and take action to approve 2023 Tax Roll by Ordinance #165-23.
b. Consider and take action on casting votes for candidates for the Board of Directors of the Grimes Central Appraisal District by Resolution #111-23.
c. Consider and possible action to set dates for workshops:
i. Event and Permit Ordinance review
ii. Manufactured Home Ordinance review
d. Consider and possible action on participation and plans for the upcoming events in Anderson:
i. Voice for Our Vets concert on 11/10/23
ii. Courthouse and Christmas tree lighting on 11/25/23
iii. Christmas parade on 12/3/23
10. Executive Session
a. Convene into Executive Session pursuant to Sec. 551.072, Texas Government Code, to deliberate the purchase, exchange, or value of certain real property located within the limits of the Town of Anderson.
11. Return to open session and possible action on items discussed.
a. Reconvene into public session and take action as appropriate at the discretion of the Town Council regarding the purchase, exchange, or value of a certain parcel of real property located within the limits of the Town of Anderson.
12. Around Town
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections §551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted on the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 6th day of November 2023, at 3:45 p.m.