NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 10, 2017, at 7:00 P.M in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, July 13, 2017.
2. Discuss/consider and approve Historic Anderson concerning historic preservation within the town.
3. Discuss/consider/approve Town Newsletter.
4. Discuss/consider and select winning bid for the Joint Construction of HMAC Overlays on W. Johnson Avenue and W. Buffington Avenue.
5. Discuss/consider/approve next step on the Carrell’s request to open Austin and Houston Streets from Buffington to FM 149.
6. Discuss/consider/approve amending Ordinance # 27-00 setting sewer rates.
7. Discuss/consider/approve new sewer rates.
8. Discuss/consider/approve Interlocal Agreement with the Anderson Volunteer Fire Department.
9. Discuss/consider/approve Request for Burn Permit.
10. Discuss/consider/approve Houston St closure between Hwy. 90 and Buffington St.
11. Discuss/consider/approve Community Center rental policies.
12. Discuss/consider/approve creating an Economic Development Council.
13. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
14. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
15. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
16. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5 pm on August 3, 2017.