NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on January 8, 2015, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information,
ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday,
December 11, 2014.
4. Grimes County Road & Bridge Engineer, Bob Cochran, will be on hand to request placement of a movable container in a city right-of-way. Will also give a report on his request at the last meeting to reduce the speed on FM 149 W.
5. Mrs. V. L. Snider, CPA, will present audit of the financial and other pertinent records of the Town of Anderson for FY 2013-2014.
6. Second reading of the Salvage Yard Ordinance # 105-14.
7. Representatives of the Grimes Citizens Advisory Group will be on hand to present 3 Proclamations of concern including the Bullet Train, the High Transmission Power Lines and the 249Toll Road, all planning to come through Grimes County.
8. Consider/approve hosting the CETA Morning Brew at the American Legion Hall from 9-10am on Wed., Feb. 25.
9. Discuss/approve the Town of Anderson attending the Chamber banquet set for Feb. 7, 2015.
10. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
11. Mayor to give update of projects of the town such as the installation of a street light at the intersection of Woodward and College St.
12. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
13. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 1:00 pm on January 4, 2015.
Gail Sowell, Mayor