NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on January 14, 2010, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize any guests present.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, October 8, 2009 and November 12, 2009. (There was no meeting in December.)
- Discuss/consider/approve an ordinance stating that the City of Anderson declines to approve the change in rates requested in Entergy Texas, Inc.’s Statement of Intent. Ronnie Hale will be on hand to discuss and answer questions concerning this ordinance.
- Discuss a letter from the Lawton Law Firm proposing an ordinance to be passed authorizing the suspension of the effective date in Entergy’s rate increase application entitled “Application of Entergy, Texas, Inc. for Authority to Change Rates and to Reconcile Fuel Costs.”
- Consider/approve appointing someone to fill the vacancy left by Ernest Henderson. Carol DeBose will be on hand to request filling that position.
- Consider/approve the annual principal and interest payment for a total of $10,680.00 to USDA Dept. of Agriculture Rural Development. (This payment is to be paid from Interest & Sinking Fund).
- Discuss/inform council on miscellaneous items.
- Consider/approve accounts due and payable.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6:00 pm on January 8, 2010.