NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on February 9, 2012, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize any guests present.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, January 12, 2012.
- Consider/approve adoption of ordinance calling an election to be held in the Town of Anderson on Saturday, May 12, 2012 for election of the following official positions: three 2-year terms: Alderman positions held by Erna Freeman, Daryl Alford and Joe Boudreaux.
- Consider/approve a Joint Election Agreement between Anderson-Shiro CISD and the Town of Anderson to hold an election per state statue.
- Consider/approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Becky Duff to conduct the election.
- A representative from the Ranch Hands 4-H Club will be on hand to present details on having a car show in Anderson during the town’s Stagecoach Stopover event in May. Consider approval.
- Consider/approve being a sponsor for the 2012 Grimes County Relay for Life to be held in Anderson on May 11 & 12, 2012.
- Update from city attorney on progress of condemnation properties.
- Consider/approve payment of all accounts currently due and payable.
- Continue discussion of speed limit ordinance and stop signs in city.
- Take action on any other business deemed necessary.
- Mayor will give update on town’s activities and projects.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00am on February 3, 2012.