NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on February 12, 2009, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize any guests present.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, January 8, 2009.
- Consider/approve adoption of ordinance calling an election to be held in the Town of Anderson on May 9, 2009 for election of the following official positions: two 2-year terms for Alderman positions held by Tom Johanson and Ernest Henderson and the Mayor’s position held by Gail Sowell.
- Consider/approve a Joint Election Agreement between Anderson-Shiro CISD and the Town of Anderson to hold an election per state statue.
- Consider/approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Becky Duff to conduct the election.
- Consider/discuss/approve an appointment of an alderman to fill the unexpired term of David Heyman, deceased, until May, 2010.
- Consider/approve the election of a new board secretary to fulfill the position held by Alderman David Heyman, deceased.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Discuss and review progress on current projects and miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6:00 pm on February 6, 2009.