NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on February 18, 2016, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, January 14, 2016.
4. Consider/approve adoption of ordinance # 112-16 calling an election to be held in the Town of Anderson on Saturday, May 7, 2016 for the purpose of election of the following official positions: three 2-year terms for Aldermen positions held by Erna Freeman, Joe Boudreaux and Karen McDuffie.
5. Consider/approve a Joint Election Agreement between Anderson-Shiro CISD and the Town of Anderson to hold an election per state statue.
6. Consider/approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Becky Duff to conduct the election.
7. A representative from Anderson Water Co., Inc. will be on hand to give quarterly report.
8. Discuss/approve contract for Town Hall rental.
9. Discuss/approve a date for the next Town of Anderson Clean Up Day.
10. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
11. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
12. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
13. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6pm on February 12, 2016.
Gail Sowell, Mayor