NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on April 13, 2017, at 7:00 P.M in the Town Hall in Anderson, Texas.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
- Ricky Bernard of Anderson Water Co. Inc. will present a report listing the average water consumption during January 2017, February 2017, and March 2017 of each business and home in the town. After review of report, council will determine the financial impact of any consumption increases or decreases and formally adopt a rate for sewer services for period April 2017 through March 2018.
- David Tullos will be on hand to update the council on the status of Grimes County Sub-Regional Planning 391 Commission.
- Grimes County Road and Bridge Engineer Harry Walker will attend the meeting to discuss the road issues in town and present some costs of possible solutions.
- Consider, discuss/accept the second reading for the building codes ordinance.
- Consider, discuss/approve Public Utility Commission access line rate increase.
- Review and discuss Timeline and Procedures for Condemnations.
- Consider, discuss/approve participating in Keep Anderson Beautiful/Keep Texas Beautiful.
- Discuss bringing before Grimes County Commissioner’s Court the prospect of Grimes County sharing the cost of repairs on Buffington street with the town.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Discussion and update on any projects/issues in town such as clean-up day, etc.
Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Town Hall bulletin board at 4 p.m. on April 6, 2017.