NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on May 12, 2016, at 7:00 P.M in the Anderson Community Center, formally known as the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, April 14, 2016.
4. There was no opposition to the positions of three aldermen up for re-election. Therefore, all duly elected candidates shall qualify by taking an Oath of Office. The aldermen shall then re-organize by electing one of its members Mayor Pro-Tem and one Secretary.
5. Consider/approve a request from the Steel Heels Women Motorcycle Club declaring May as Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. A proclamation from the town will be presented.
6. Anderson Water Company representative will be on hand to give a quarterly report.
7. Road and Bridge engineer Mr. Greg Blake will attend the meeting to meet the council and answer questions concerning the town’s roads and drainage.
8. Discuss/consider/approve annexation request from Miriah Cunneen.
9. Discuss/consider/approve a new waste water fee for town businesses and residents.
10. First reading of the Mobile Home Ordinance.
11. Attorney Michael Casaretto to give an update on various projects/issues he has been working on.
12. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
13. Update on clean-up day, Business Expo, June meeting and any other projects in town.
14. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
15. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 7:00 a.m. on May 7, 2016.
Gail Sowell, Mayor