NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 9, 2007, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum; call meeting to order.
- Recognize guests present.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, June 14, 2007.
- Consider/take action on a budget packet for the upcoming 2007-2008 budget to be presented by a representative of the Grimes Co. Health Resources Commission.
- Consider/take action on request from Fred Couvillon of the American Legion Post 640 to increase rent for office space for the 2007-2008 budget.
- A representative of the Anderson Volunteer Fire Dept. will be on hand to give details of the new fire station and ask the Council to consider/take action on possibly renting office space in the building for the Town.
- Consider/approve entering into a contract with Grimes County Appraisal District for tax appraisal and collection services for 2007-2008.
- Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2007 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser.
- Discuss the 2007-2008 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
- Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 13th to the 20th for budget planning purposes.
- Review/approve payment of all invoices and accounts currently due and payable.
- Discuss/inform council on miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5:00 p.m. August 3, 2007.