NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 12, 2004, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meetings held on July 8, 2004.
- Recognize guests present at meeting.
- Avery Cunningham will be present to explain to the council about the 2-1-1 Program.
- Molly Hurst or a representative of Grimes/St. Joseph’s Hospital will present information on upcoming bond election.
- Consider/approve entering into a contract with Grimes County Appraisal District for tax appraisal and collection services for 2004 – 2005.
- Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2004 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser.
- Discuss the 2004 –2005 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
- Consider/approve payment of accounts currently due and payable.
- Consider/approve agreement with TxDOT on regulation of advertising signs within Anderson’s extraterritorial jurisdictions.
- Inform council on any happenings since last meeting.
- Discuss/approve cellular phone service for mayor.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at5:00 p.m. on August 6, 2004.