NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 14, 2014 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please sign your name on the form at the back of the room. Limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on
Thursday, July 10, 2014.
4. Discuss/consider/approve hiring of a new city attorney to replace Angela Seager.
5. Perry Ealim will address the aldermen.
6. Discuss/consider/approve request for annexation from Karrie Cooper.
7. Discuss/consider/approve (first reading) of the amendment to the junk vehicle ordinance.
8. Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2014 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
9. Discuss the 2014-2015 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
10. Discuss condemnation of abandoned and/or neglected lots and houses within the city boundaries, with neglect including back taxes owed.
11. Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 11th to the 18th and holding public tax hearings on the same evening.
12. Discuss/approve paying Mayor’s full cell phone bill.
13. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
14. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on matters related to the
condemnation and other issues. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
15. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items
discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on August 9, 2014.
_____ Gail Sowell, Mayor