NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 16, 2012 at 7:00P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, July 12, 2012.
4. Ronnie Hale, our Entergy representative, will be on hand to inform the council about the new Customer Experience Entergy Program.
5. Dianne Sechelski, representing Mid-South Synergy, will be on hand to talk about possible projects to beautify Anderson.
6. Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2012 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
7. Discuss the 2012-2013 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
8. Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 13th to the 20th and holding public tax hearings on the same evening.
9. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
10. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on matters related to the following: annexation, property sale (opening of bids); possible list of condemnations, pending litigation and any other related matters. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
11. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
12. Update from Mayor on recent projects.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on August 11, 2012.