NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on September 17, 2015 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a
proposed budget for FY 2015-2016. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2015-2016. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the
information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on
Thursday, August 13, 2015.
4. Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year
5. Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance # 109-15 including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2015-2016.
6. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance # 110-15 for the Town of Anderson FY 2015-2016.
7. Ashley Ralph of Zweiacker & Associates Realty will be on hand to request the opening of Pecan St. or ask about some other solution in order for her client to have access to property he is interested in purchasing.
8. Sam Nobles of Grimes County Road & Bridge will have quote ready on work that needs to be done within the city limits. Discuss/approve quote presented.
9. Trunk or Treat is set for October 31, 2015. Kyle Childress will be on hand to discuss the event and consider some possible changes.
10. Discuss if “Christmas with Us” will be held this year and if so, consider and approve a date.
11. Attorney Michael Casaretto will update aldermen on various projects.
12. Mayor will update aldermen on Block Grant and the Main St. Beautification project.
13. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
14. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on town matters and other issues. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
15. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 9:30 am on September 13, 2015.
_____ Gail Sowell, Mayor