NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on February 8, 2018, at 7:00 P.M in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Discuss/consider/adopt resolution # 75-18 designating an administration service provider to complete application and project implementation for the General Land Office Community Development and Revitalization CDBG-Disaster Recovery funding: DR 4269 (April 2016 Declaration), and DR 4272 (June 2016 Declaration).
2. Discuss/consider/adopt resolution #76-18 designating an engineering service provider to complete application and project related engineering services for the General Land Office Community Development and Revitalization CDBG-Disaster Recovery funding: DR 4269 (April 2016 Declaration), and DR 4272 (June 2016 Declaration).
3. Melissa Darst and family with Anderson Food Pantry will present their vision for the Food Pantry.
4. Read/consider/approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, January 11, 2018.
5. Consider/approve adoption of ordinance # 124-18 calling an election to be held in the Town of Anderson on Saturday, May 12, 2018 for the purpose of election of the following official positions: three 2-year terms for Aldermen positions held by Erna Freeman, Joe Boudreaux, and Karen McDuffie.
6. Consider/approve a Joint Election Agreement between Anderson-Shiro ISD and the Town of Anderson to hold an election per state statue.
7. Consider/approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Becky Duff to conduct the election.
8. Discuss/consider/approve council attending chamber banquet on February 22, 2018 and any other matters concerning the Chamber.
9. Discuss/consider/approve pending permits.
10. Discuss/approve a date for the next Town of Anderson Clean Up Day.
11. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
12. Discuss/consider/act on complaints from citizens regarding properties around town.
13. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
14. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
15. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Community Center bulletin board at 4pm on February 5, 2018.