NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on July 13, 2017, at 7:00 P.M in the Town Hall in Anderson, Texas.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meetings held on Thursday, June 8th & 23rd , 2017.
2. Rebecca Duff, the Grimes County Election Administrator, will be available to discuss options for next year’s elections.
3. Discuss/consider/approve moving forward on the Carrell’s request to open Austin and Houston Streets from Buffington to FM 149.
4. Presentation by Historic Anderson concerning historic preservation within the town.
5. Discuss/consider/approve amending Ordinance # 27-00 setting sewer rates.
6. Discuss/consider/approve new sewer rates.
7. Discuss and consider amending Texas Administrative Code, Sections 111.201-221 regarding Outdoor Burning in Texas.
8. Discuss/consider/approve refunding rentals for certain parties.
9. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
10. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
11. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
12. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5 pm on July 6, 2017.