NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 9, 2018, at 7:00 P.M in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, July 12, 2018.
2. Johnny McNally from the Navasota Grimes County Chamber of Commerce will give a report upcoming events (Realtor breakfast, Business Expo, Golf tourney, etc.) scheduled for the next few months along with Economic Development activity.
3. Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2018 as prepared by Mark Boehnke, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
4. Discuss the 2017/2018 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
5. Discuss/consider/approve change of Ordinance #113-16, Section B paragraph 3, from 5 years to 8 years in age.
6. Discuss/consider/approve next step for Health and Safety Violations on properties: R20383, R20411, R20438, R2055, R20594, R20440.
7. Discuss setting date for workshop regarding Building Ordinances, Inspections, Municipal Court System, and Budgets.
8. Discuss changing Sept 13 meeting to September 20, 2018.
9. Town clerk to give monthly permit update.
10. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
11. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Community Center bulletin board at 2 p.m. on August 6, 2018.