NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet for a public hearing on Tax Rate and Budget on September 20, 2018, at 6:30 P.M immediately following the hearings will meet in regular session in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2018-2019. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Upon completion of the tax hearing, conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2018-2019. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Read/consider/approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday August 9, 2018.
2. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance #127-18 for the Town of Anderson FY 2018-2019.
3. Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2017-2018).
4. Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance #128-18 including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2018-2019.
5. Discuss/consider/take action Application for Variance for Lori Clayton property. (Number of trailers per lot, size requirements of the manufactured home park)
6. Discuss A/S Community Pep Rally held in front of Courthouse on Wednesday September 26 at 6:30 pm.
7. Trunk or Treat is set for October 27, 2018. Discuss the event and consider some possible changes.
8. Discuss/consider/approve ballot for Board of Trustees for Texas Municipal League Intergovernmental Risk Pool.
9. Discuss/consider/approve amending Ordinance #117-19 regarding Building Codes removing the required inspections.
10. Begin condemnation process of R20555.
11. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
12. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Community Center bulletin board at 4 p.m. on September 17, 2018.