THE STATE OF TEXAS – TOWN OF ANDERSON – BE IT REMEMBERED, that on this the 9th day of June 2022, at 7:00 p.m., there was begun and holden a Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
1. Call to order: 7:00 p.m. by Mayor Karen McDuffie
a. Roll call: Bessie White, Daryl Alford, Karen McDuffie, Kason Menges, Marc Benton and Pam Johnson were present at roll call. Harold Minor was absent. Visitors present were Brian Colbert, Tony Pavlock, Mary Beth Wesley, Charles Borski, Will Borski, Carnell Carroll, JJ Oller, Chris Oller, and Gary Smith.
b. Quorum established.
c. Invocation was given by Kason Menges
d. Pledge to the US Flag
e. Pledge to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comment –
• Mary Beth Wesley – is putting together at Freedom Fest for July 2
• Chris & JJ Oller – owners of new gym in town, July 1 will be doing a glow-in-the-dark fun run beginning at 8:30 for grand opening
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of meeting on 5/12/22.
Daryl Alford made motion to accept minutes as read, seconded by Kason Menges. All approved; motion carried.
4. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
Daryl Alford made motion to pay bills, seconded by Kason Menges. All approved; motion carried.
5. Consider and take action to hire GrantWorks to write a grant application for park improvement / development to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
Motion by Marc Benton to approve hiring GrantWorks to write grant, seconded by Kason Menges. Three votes for, one vote against, motion carried.
6. Consider and take action to approve two signers for the bank accounts.
Motion by Daryl Alford to leave as is, seconded by Kason Menges. All approved; motion carried.
7. Quarterly Sewer Report from B & M Services.
• FM 1774 lift station falling apart
• One pump has been replaced on lift station
• Effluent chambers have been cleaned out
• Bloom is happening, treating with chemicals
• Grease problem fixed at Juan & Linda’s
8. Around Town
• Military tribute banners to go along the streets in town. Would be purchased by individuals or businesses to honor current or former military servicemen who reside in Grimes County.
• Juneteenth Celebration will be on Saturday, June 18, pop up shops at 9, parade at 11, followed by BBQ on the Juneteenth grounds
• Rocky’s memorial – at Yankee’s Tavern 6/25
• Office closed on 6/14/22
• Budget Workshop next Thursday, 6/16/22
• Ad going in paper Monday for ARPA Grant
• Sprinklers on Main Street not working
• Beautification committee for the Town?
9. Permit report – 2 permits – building & electrical permit for Grimes County Animal Rescue
10. Adjourn at 8:17 p.m.
Motion by Daryl Alford to adjourn, seconded by Marc Benton. All approved; motion carried.
Signed: Karen McDuffie, Mayor
Harold Minor, Mayor Pro-Tem