THE STATE OF TEXAS – TOWN OF ANDERSON – BE IT REMEMBERED, that on this the 30th day of June 2022, at 7:00 p.m., there was begun and holden a Public Hearing of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
1. Call to order: 7:02 p.m. by Mayor Karen McDuffie
a. Roll call: Bessie White, Daryl Alford, Karen McDuffie, Kason Menges, Marc Benton and Pam Johnson were present at roll call. Harold Minor was absent at roll call, but arrived at 7:11 p.m. Guests present were Gloria Hitchcock, Mary Ann Waters, Michael Kimich, David, Tullos, Charles Borski, Will Borski, Emma Campbell.
b. Quorum established.
2. A public hearing on park grant application was conducted
• Overview of proposed grant was given to those in attendance
• Cost to the Town as of now is $5000 grant writing fee to GrantWorks
• Those in attendance were open to the idea of a park in town, no opposition was voiced
• Questions brought up were water, electricity, lights, maintenance, security, hours
• Suggestions made were to put a pond in the middle, eliminate playground area in favor of a pond, rain barrels to help with water, bat houses, purple martin houses
3. Adjourn at 7:44 p.m.
Motion by Daryl Alford to adjourn, seconded by Marc Benton. All approved; motion carried.
Signed: Karen McDuffie, Mayor
Harold Minor, Mayor Pro-Tem