NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet for a public hearing on Tax Rate on September 12, 2019, at 6:30 P.M. in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
Immediately following the hearing, the Board of Aldermen of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas will meet in regular session in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2019-2020. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recite pledges
- Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please sign your name on the form at the back of the room. Limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
- Stan Apostolo to address council on development issue.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on 8/8/19 and special meeting held on 8/26/19.
- Consider/adopt a tax rate by Ordinance #130-19 for the Town of Anderson FY2019-2020.
- Discuss/consider/approve ballot for Board of Directors of the Grimes County Central Appraisal District under Resolution #78-19
- Discuss/consider/approve Anderson-Shiro Community Pep Rally in front of courthouse on 9/18/19 at 6:30 p.m.
- Review/discuss/approve Trunk or Treat 10/26/19.
- Review/discuss/approve Anderson Fest for 12/14/19.
- Harold Minor – Discuss/consider complaints regarding stop sign on Hill St.
- Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney and Mayor McDuffie.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Consider/discuss/approve for public hearing Dollar General request for variance.
- Enter into closed session, if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town and personnel matters (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072.)
- Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session if needed (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Pam Johnson, posted this Agenda on the Community Center bulletin board at 4 p.m. on September 9. 2019.
Pam Johnson, Town Clerk