REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS, THURSDAY, 10 FEBRUARY 2022
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 10th day of February 2022, at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the Meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of meeting on 1/13/22.
4. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of meeting on 1/25/22.
5. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
6. Consider, discuss, and take action to approve changing QuickBooks from desktop version to online version in order to accept credit card payments.
7. Consider, review, discuss, and take action to approve Ordinance #148-22 to establish rental regulations and use rules for the Anderson Community Center
8. Consider and take action to approve adoption of Ordinance #149-22 calling an election to be held in Anderson on 5/7/22 for the purpose of election of three (3) Alderman positions for two-year terms.
9. Consider and take action to approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Lucy Ybarra to conduct election.
10. Consider and take action to approve Ordinance #150-22 declining to approve the changes in rates requested by Entergy Texas, Inc. Statement of Intent to Change Rates.
11. Consider and take action to approve the purchase of RVS program to take over Sewer billing for the Town of Anderson.
12. Consider and take action to set date for the next Town of Anderson Clean Up Day.
13. Consider and take action to approve ARPA Projects
14. Around Town
15. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 7th day of February 2022, at 3:45 p.m.