REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2022
Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 13th day of October 2022, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the Meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the meeting on 9/8/22.
4. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the workshop on 9/20/22.
5. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
6. Consider and take action to approve authorizing Procurement of Administrative (RFP) and Engineering Services (RFQ) for the Community Development Block Grant Regional COG Method of Distribution (CDBG COG MOD) administered through the Texas General Land Office (GLO) for the Town of Anderson.
7. Update from Kyle Heinemann – depreciation in sewer budget
8. Update from Shannon Sanders – Grimes Central Appraisal District appraisal and collections agreement
9. Update from Jerome Pasket – fencing of property on Main St.
10. Consider and take action declining to approve the change in rates requested in Entergy Texas, Inc.’s (“ETI” or “Company”) Statement of Intent by Ordinance #156-22
11. Consider and take action to hire new yearly auditor.
12. Consider and take action to approve permit changes discussed in the workshop on 9/20/22.
13. Consider and take action on request to allow animals in building during rental.
14. Consider and take action for hire tree trimmers for those that county can’t do.
15. Around Town
16. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 10th day of October 2022, at 4:15 p.m.