NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on May 14, 2015, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, April 9, 2015.
4. Consider/approve Resolution # 64-15 for Canvassing Election Returns from the May 9, 2015 election.
5. There was no opposition to the positions of Mayor and two aldermen up for re-election. Therefore, all duly elected candidates shall qualify by taking an Oath of Office. The aldermen shall then re-organize by electing one of its members Mayor Pro-Tem and one Secretary.
6. Consider/approve a request from the Steel Heels Women Motorcycle Club declaring May as Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month. A proclamation from the town will be presented.
7. Consider/take action on letter from Ricky Wehmeyer of the Anderson Water Co., Inc. requesting
increase of pay for sewer operator.
8. Discuss Main St. issue in front of Minsky home and request for 2-3 loads of rock at sewer plant.
Grimes Co. Road & Bridge to present bid on doing work. Consider/approve bid for work.
9. Discuss/approve request from Brett Mize concerning east end of Johnson St.
10. Discuss follow up letter to those who didn’t participate in the recent clean-up day.
11. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
12. Update on clean-up day, Hill St. extension, June meeting and any other projects in town.
13. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
14. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 p.m. on May 8, 2015.
Gail Sowell, Mayor