NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on June 12, 2014, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, recite Pledge of Allegiances.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the form to make remarks. The Aldermen will receive the information, look into the matter, or place the issue on an agenda.
3. There was no opposition to the positions of three aldermen up for re-election. Therefore, all duly elected candidates shall qualify by taking an Oath of Office. The Aldermen shall re-organize by electing one of its members Mayor Pro-Tem and one Secretary.
4. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, May 8, 2014.
5. Consider/take action to appoint a town representative to serve on the 391 Commission.
6. County Judge-elect Ben Leman will be in attendance to discuss the relationship between the County and the Town of Anderson as well as the wants and needs of the town.
7. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
8. Updates on various issues and projects. Discuss town cleanup set for June 14 and issues related to the cleanup of various properties. Erna Freeman, Joe Boudreaux and Carol DeBose will give report. Take action if needed.
9. Enter into closed session (if needed) to discuss and receive advice from attorney on legal matters. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072.)
10. Consider/take action on items discussed in closed session with attorney.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Town Hall bulletin board at 6:30 pm on June 8, 2014.
Gail Sowell, Mayor