NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on April 8, 2010 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize and welcome any guests present at meeting.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, March 11, 2010.
- Discuss/consider/approve an ordinance approving the change in rates requested by Entergy Texas, Inc.’s Statement of Intent filed with the city on March 25, 2010. Entergy’s representation Ronnie Hale will be on hand to explain the ordinance.
- Consider/approve a resolution canceling the election ordered by the Board of Aldermen to be held on May 8, 2010, for the purpose of electing three (3) aldermen. (None of the 3 candidates for 3 positions were opposed at the close of business at 5:00pm on March 8, and no one filed stating his/her intent to be a write-in candidate within the statutory time limit.)
- Discuss/consider/approve the Town of Anderson taking ownership of the lift station on FM 149 at the foot of the new Anderson-Shiro Jr./Sr. High School.
- Discuss/approve moving forward with condemnation of hazardous buildings in the town.
- Discuss/approve moving meeting dates for May and June.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Discuss and review progress on current projects and miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on April 3, 2010.