NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on Thursday, April 10, 2008, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum; call meeting to order.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, March 13, 2008.
- Cori Mooney, Crime Victims Coordinator Liasion, & Cheli Greene, Grimes Co. Juvenile Probation officer, will address the council on approving a proclamation as April being Child Abuse Prevention Month and another proclamation as Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month.
- Leon Pasket, Board Member of Grimes Co. Farm Bureau, will address the council on sidewalk issues on Main St.
- Consider/approve bid from Dick Bonds concerning surveying lot given to town by Genie Horn Wichman.
- Consider/approve a resolution canceling the election ordered by the Board of Aldermen to be held on May 10, 2008, for the purpose of electing three (3) aldermen. (None of the 3 candidates for 3 positions were opposed at the close of business at 5:00pm on March 10, and no one filed stating his/her intent to be a write-in candidate within the statutory time limit.)
- Discuss/consider request for groundwork to be done at the new Anderson VFD. Bid for work needed presented to Mayor for review by Grimes Co. Road & Bridge Engineer Robert Lys.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Discuss and review progress on current projects and miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5:00 p.m. April 4, 2008.