NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 11, 2011 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize and welcome any guests present at meeting.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, July 14, 2011.
- Accept resignation of City Attornery John DeMille. Consider/approve appointing Angela Collier Davis as his replacement.
- Consider/approve renewal of a Resolution and Inter-Local Agreement with the Brazos Valley HOME Consortium for another 3-year term.
- Julie Wehmeyer of Anderson Water Co., Inc. will be on hand to discuss the recent addendum to the present contract between Anderson Water Co. and the city. She will present the rules and regulations of TCEQ and council will consider/discuss adjusting the wording of the addendum.
- Update and discussion on Master Gardeners project. Representative may be on hand to answer questions.
- Consider/approve renewing the contract with Grimes County Appraisal District for tax appraisal and collection services for 2011-2012.
- Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2011 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
- Discuss the 2011-2012 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
- Update from city attorney on the Billy Bean & J.W. Peavy properties.
- Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 8th to the 22nd and holding the public tax hearing on the same evening.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Discuss and review progress on current projects and miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 pm on August 5, 2011.