NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 14, 2008, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum; call meeting to order.
- Recognize guests present.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, June 19, 2008.
- Consider/approve a request made by Cindy Bell of Historic Anderson, Inc. to allow the organization to have a Christmas decoration competition within the city limits of Anderson.
- Consider/discuss/approve an ordinance to form a 391 Sub-Regional Planning Commission.
- Consider/approve entering into a contract with Grimes County Appraisal District for tax appraisal and collection services for 2008-2009.
- Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2008 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser.
- Discuss the 2008-2009 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
- Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 11th to the 18th for budget planning purposes.
- Review/approve payment of all invoices and accounts currently due and payable.
- Discuss/inform council on miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6:00 p.m. August 8, 2008.