NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will conduct a tax rate hearing followed by a regular session meeting on September 8, 2016 at 7:00 P.M in the Anderson Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
The Town of Anderson will conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2016-2017.
Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the
required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three
minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or
place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, August 11,
4. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance #114-16 for the Town of Anderson FY 2016-2017.
5. Update from Miriah Cuneen on subdivision.
6. Discuss/consider/approve taking bids for upkeep of town road sides.
7. Trunk or Treat is set for October 29, 2016. Discuss the event and consider some possible changes.
8. Discuss/consider/accept resignation of Aldermen Edward Tom Johanson.
9. Attorney Michael Casaretto will update aldermen on various projects.
10. Mayor will update aldermen on Block Grant (meeting to be held on 9/15/16) and other matters in town.
11. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
12. Discuss/consider/approve (after closed session discussion) new office hours and pay proposal of the town’s secretarial position.
13. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on town matters and other issues. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
14. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 9 a.m. on September 5, 2016.
Gail Sowell, Mayor