NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 11, 2016 at 7:00 P.M in the Anderson Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please sign your name on the form at the back of the room. Limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, July 14, 2016.
4. Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2016 as prepared by Mark Boehnke, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
5. Discuss the 2016-2017 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
6. Review quarterly report on activity of the sewer plant supplied by Anderson Water Company.
7. Consider/approve two meeting dates for September to accommodate regular meeting and tax hearings.
8. Discuss/consider/approve route to take to employ someone to mow streets periodically other than when the county mows.
9. Update on new subdivision.
10. City Attorney Casaretto to give update on High Speed Rail and other issues.
11. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
12. Enter into closed session if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town and personnel matters(Texas Government Code #551.071, #551.072, and #551.074)
13. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session if needed (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6:00 pm on August 5, 2016.
_____ Gail Sowell, Mayor