NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session and for conducting public hearings on Thursday, September 20, 2007, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2007-2008. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2007-2008. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
- Establish quorum, call regular meeting to order.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, August 9, 2007.
- An Anderson VFD representative will be on hand to talk about the town possibly entering into a contract with them to rent office space in the new fire station located across the street.
- Anderson-Shiro CISD Superintendent Fred Brent will be on hand to address the council on the upcoming school bond election.
- Consider a request from Cindy Bell, representing Historic Anderson, to allow the organization to have a Christmas decoration competition within the city limits.
- Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2006 – 2007).
- Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2007-2008.
- Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance for the Town of Anderson FY 2007-2008.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Report from Councilman Tom Johanson on maintenance around the town and at the sewer plant.
11. Mayor will update and discuss month’s activities and projects in town.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5:00 pm on September 14, 2007.