NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session and for conducting public hearings on Thursday, September 20, 2012, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2012-2013. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2012-2013. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR CONDEMNATION HEARING
This hearing was supposed to be held on this date but because of an unforeseen conflict, the hearing will be postponed until October 11, 2012. Anyone attending this hearing concerning the condemnation will be heard and related back to our attorney.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, August 16, 2012.
4. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance for the Town of Anderson FY 2012-2013.
5. Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2011 – 2012).
6. Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2012-2013.
7. Discuss/take action on approving a proclamation from the Crime Victims Assistance program declaring October as being Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
8. Consider/approve voting of official ballot for the TML Board of Trustees election.
9. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
10. The council will enter into closed session if needed.
11. Update from Mayor on recent projects.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 9:00 am on September 15, 2012.