NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will conduct a tax rate hearing and a budget hearing followed by a regular session meeting on September 21, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. in Anderson Community Center.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2017-2018. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Following the tax rate hearing the Town of Anderson will conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2017-2018. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, August 10, 15, and 24th 2017.
2. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance #121-17 for the Town of Anderson FY 2017-2018.
3. Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2016-2017).
4. Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance #122-17 Including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2017-2018.
5. Discuss/consider/approve Grimes County Road & Bridge’s proposal for Johnson Street repairs and washout.
6. Trunk or Treat is set for October 28, 2017. Discuss the event and consider some possible changes.
7. Review/discuss mowing contracts and expenses.
8. Discuss/consider/approve restaurant and cooking facilities abatement of grease (potential sewer plant problems).
9. Mayor Sowell and Attorney Michael Casaretto will update aldermen on various projects.
10. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on town matters and other issues. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 12 p.m. on September 18, 2017.