NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on February 13, 2014, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, January 9, 2014.
4. Consider/approve adoption of ordinance calling an election to be held in the Town of Anderson on Saturday, May 10, 2014 for election of the following official positions: three 2-year terms for Aldermen positions held by Joe Boudreaux, Erna Freeman and Karen McDuffie.
5. Consider/approve a Joint Election Agreement between Anderson-Shiro CISD and the Town of Anderson to hold an election per state statue.
6. Consider/approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Becky Duff to conduct the election.
7. Perry Ealim will be on hand to advise the town about available grants.
8. Discuss the Texas Transportation Code.
9. Consider/approve payment of all accounts currently due and payable.
10. Enter into closed meeting to open bids on condemnations and discuss and receive advice from attorney on legal matters. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
11. Consider/take action on items discussed in closed session with our attorney.
12. Mayor will give update on town’s activities and projects.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on February 7, 2014.