NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on March 13, 2014, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form and limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, February 13, 2014.
4. Review a report prepared by Anderson Water Co. listing the average water consumption during December 2013, January 2014 and February 2014 of each business and home in the town. After review of report, determine the financial impact of any consumption increases or decreases. Formally adopt a rate for sewer services for period March 2014 through February 2015.
5. Consider/approve Resolution Order # 56-14 canceling the election ordered by the Board of Aldermen to be held on May 10, 2014, for the purpose of electing three (3) aldermen. None of the 3 candidates for 3 positions were opposed at the close of business at 5:00 p.m. February 28, and no one filed stating his/her intent to be a write-in candidate within the statutory time limit. Therefore, this Resolution declares unopposed candidates for the 3 vacant un-numbered positions are considered elected.
6. Consider/approve the 1st reading of the Amendment to the Mowing Ordinance #95.13.
7. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
8. Read report from Town Attorney Seager who will not be present at meeting.
9. Discuss the Texas Transportation Code. Discuss and review progress on current projects such as upcoming town cleanup, trash cans on Main St. and other miscellaneous items. Mary Bostelman will give update on Website.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Town Hall bulletin board at 9:00 am on March 8, 2014.