NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on March 10, 2016, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, February 18, 2016.
4. Review a report prepared by Anderson Water Co. listing the average water consumption during
December 2015, January 2016 and February 2016 of each business and home in the town. After review of report, determine the financial impact of any consumption increases or decreases. Formally adopt a rate for sewer services for period March 2016 through February 2017.
5. Consider/approve Order #70-16 declaring unopposed candidates for the three vacant un-numbered positions elected.
6. Discuss / consider / approve annexation of proposed sub-division per request of Miriah Cunneen.
7. Read / approve Polish Proclamation on March 4, 2016.
8. Read / approve RSVP Proclamation declaring April 5, 2016 as National Service Recognition Day.
9. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
10. Discuss / approve joint effort with Cindy Bell for the Chamber Mixer being held on March 24, 2016 5:30- 7:30 P.M. at Maggie’s Loft.
11. Discussion and update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell
12. Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
13. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 5 p.m. on March 6, 2016.
Gail Sowell, Mayor