NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on March 12, 2009 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize and welcome any guests present at meeting.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, February 12, 2009.
- Cori Mooney, Crime Victims Coordinator, and Cheli Greene, Grimes Co. Juvenile Probation officer, will address the council on approving a proclamation as April being Child Abuse Prevention Month and Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month, as well as May being Elder Abuse Awareness Month.
- Roger Dempsey will be on hand to explain the Purchasing Solutions Alliance. Discuss/approve Interlocal Purchasing Agreement.
- Discuss ordinance on speed limits within the town presented by City Attorney John DeMille.
- Review a report prepared by Anderson Water Co. listing the average water consumption during December 08, January 09, and February 09 of each business and home in the town. After reviewing the report, determine the financial impact of any consumption increases or decreases. Formally adopt a rate for sewer services for period March 2009 through February 2010.
- Tom Johanson will present information from TxDOT representative Carl Schroeder on placement of truck sign on Buffington St. Discuss/approve placement of sign.
- Discuss looking into doing an ordinance prohibiting shooting of fireworks in city.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Discuss and review progress on current projects and miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6:00 pm on March 6, 2009.