NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on August 12, 2010 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
- Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
- Recognize and welcome any guests present at meeting.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, July 8, 2010.
- Discuss/consider/approve the second reading of the nuisance Ordinance #73A-2009 and the final draft of the Board of Inspection letter.
- Consider/approve renewing the contract with Grimes County Appraisal District for tax appraisal and collection services for 2010-2011.
- Review appraisal roll for the Town of Anderson for tax year 2010 as prepared by Bill Sullivan, Chief Appraiser for Grimes County.
- Discuss the 2010-2011 FY tax issues including the rate per $100 of taxable property, the time frame for publication of required notices, date for publishing notice of date, time, etc. for budget hearing and adoption, and a brief review of current financial information.
- Discuss/consider/approve ordinance proposed by TXDOT regarding speed zones on FM 149.
- Consider/approve deed of tract of land given to the city from Lyle Howard and Derald Hudson on FM 1774 near the lift station.
- Consider/approve for the Mayor and any interested aldermen to attend the Small Cities’ Problem-Solving Clinic put on by TML in Navasota in September @ $30 per person.
- Discuss/consider/approve having a booth at the 2010 Business XPO in September at the Grimes County Expo Center put on by the Navasota/Grimes Co. Chamber of Commerce.
- Discuss mowing the sides of the streets within the town. Consider/approve hiring someone to mow 3-4 times a year.
- Consider/approve moving meeting for September from the 9th to the 16th or 23rd.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable, including payment to Wisnoski Land Surveying for surveying job.
- Discuss and review progress on current projects and miscellaneous items.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 6:00 pm on August 6, 2010.