NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on September 18, 2014 at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a
proposed budget for FY 2014-2015. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2014-2015. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the
information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on
Thursday, August 14, 2014.
4. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance for the Town of Anderson FY 2014-
5. Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year
6. Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2014-2015.
7. Commissioner Pam Finke will be on hand to talk to council about 391 Commission and ask for the city’s representation.
8. Discuss/consider/approve request for annexation from Karrie Cooper.
9. Discuss/take action on approving a proclamation from the Crime Victims Assistance program declaring October as being Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
10. Determine selection and cast votes for the TML Intergovernmental Risk Pool Board of Trustees Election.
11. Discuss/approve date for Trunk or Treat and consider Christmas With Us on Dec. 6, 2014.
12. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
13. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on town matters and other issues.(Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
14. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on September 15, 2014.
_____ Gail Sowell, Mayor