NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session and for conducting a public hearing on Thursday, November 10, 2011, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR PUBLIC HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing to determine whether goods in transit, as defined by Section 11.253 Texas Property Tax Code, should be taxed or exempted from taxation. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
- Establish quorum, call regular meeting to order.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, October 13, 2011.
- A representative will be available from the Grimes County Master Gardeners to present the landscape design for the Main St. project and to discuss options and to answer questions.
- Consider/approve Resolution #51-11 to tax tangible “goods in transit”.
- Consider approval of the 2011 appraisal roll with tax amounts entered to constitute the 2011 tax roll for the Town of Anderson pursuant to Section 26.09 (e) Property Tax Code through Ordinance #85-11.
- Consider/approve by Resolution #52-11 the ballot of the Board of Directors of the Grimes County Appraisal District and to cast the town’s allowed 3 votes.
- Consider/approve the Town of Anderson to supply needed items for the annual Trunk or Treat event each year.
- Discuss status of speed limit ordinance. Consider/approve ordinance if available.
- City Attorney will give updates on condemnation project. Consider/approve anything that needs action on this project.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 7:30 am on November 5, 2011.