NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session on February 14, 2019, at 7:00 P.M in the Community Center in Anderson, Texas.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
1. Representatives from Davis, Heinemann and Company, P.C. will present the audit of the financial and other pertinent records of the Town of Anderson for FY 2017-2018.
2. Read/consider/approve the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, January 10, 2019.
3. Consider/approve Ordinance # 130-19 Ordering an Election for the Purpose of Re-Authorizing of a ¼ of 1% Increase in the General Sales and Use Tax expiring on September 30, 2019 with the Town of Anderson.
4. Consider/approve adoption of Ordinance # 131-19 calling an election to be held in the Town of Anderson on Saturday, May 4, 2019 for the purpose of election of the following official positions: one 2-year term for Mayor held by Gail Sowell and two 2-year terms for Aldermen positions held by Carol DeBose and Harold Minor.
5. Consider/approve a Joint Election Agreement between Anderson-Shiro ISD and the Town of Anderson to hold an election per state statue.
6. Consider/approve an agreement between the Town of Anderson and the County of Grimes authorizing the Election Administrator Becky Duff to conduct the election.
7. Discuss amending procedure manual.
8. Discuss/consider/approve moving forward on Lori Clayton’s petition for Variance adding 2 more manufactured homes to the property on Cedar Street that is less than 2 acres.
9. Discuss/consider/approve next step for condemnation process for property ID# R20555 (414 Houston Street).
10. Discuss/consider/approve bid from Grimes County Road and Bridge for guardrails on Cedar Street and Fanthorp Street.
11. Discuss/consider/approve request from County Judge Joe Fauth III redirecting the flow of traffic on W. Buffington Avenue from a two-way flow, east and west to a one-way flow, east bound only. The request is to apply to only one block, the 100 block that parallels the court house annex.
12. Discuss/consider/approve council attending chamber banquet on February 28, 2019 and any other matters concerning the Chamber.
13. Discuss/approve a date for the next Town of Anderson Clean Up Day.
14. Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
15. Update on projects and issues around town from Aldermen, Attorney Michael Casaretto and Mayor Sowell.
16. Enter into closed meeting to discuss personnel matters. (Texas Government Code #551.074)
17. Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.074).
This is to certify that I, Gail M. Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Community Center bulletin board at 4pm on February 11, 2019.