Town of Anderson
415 Hill Street
Anderson, TX 77830
NOTICE OF WORKSHOP MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas will meet on September 6, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. in the Community Center 415 Hill Street in Anderson.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Discuss possible changes for permit and inspection system.
3. Discuss use of Community Service Workers for work around town.
4. Discuss resources for using Community Service Workers and adding building on property.
5. Discuss possibility of adding a sidewalk to the Community Center.
6. Discuss changing out toilets at community center to make more handicap accessible.
7. Discuss and identify need for street signs throughout town.
8. Discuss possible Road and Bridge Department projects and cost.
9. Discuss Condemnation Process for the following properties:
a. R20555- Building in disrepair (no roof, doors or windows)
b. R20411 – Building in disrepair (roof deteriorating) trash on porch
c. R20594 – Building torn down and left on property
d. R20427 -Trailer in disrepair – no utilities on property, 2 RV’s parked in disrepair with no known utilities, 2 small buildings in disrepair.
10. Review properties with delinquent taxes and health and safety violations
a. R20555 delinquent since 2008 – Owes $1904.76 Property Value $5790
11. Discuss additions to budget items for previously discussed items.
12. Discuss ordinance for Modular homes and Moving in Old Wood Frame Houses (Historic Houses).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the Community Center bulletin board at 2:00 p.m. on August 29, 2018.