THE STATE OF TEXAS – TOWN OF ANDERSON – BE IT REMEMBERED, that on this the 12th day of May 2022, at 7:00 p.m., there was begun and holden a Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
1. Call to order: 7:00 p.m. by Mayor Karen McDuffie
a. Roll call: Carnell Carrell, Daryl Alford, Karen McDuffie, Kason Menges, and Pam Johnson were present at roll call. Harold Minor & Bessie White were absent. Visitors present were Sherri Benton, Marc Benton, Will Borski, Charles Borski, Stephanie Fontenot & Mary Beth Wesley.
b. Quorum established.
c. Invocation was given by Kason Menges
d. Pledge to the US Flag
e. Pledge to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comment – None
3. New alderman shall qualify by taking an Oath of Office.
Pam Johnson swore in Daryl Alford, Kason Menges & Marc Benton
4. Elect Mayor Pro-Tem and Secretary of the Board
Daryl Alford made motion to elect Harold Minor as Mayor Pro-Tem, seconded by Kason Menges. All in favor, motion carried.
Daryl Alford made motion to elect Kason Menges as Secretary of the board, seconded by Marc Benton. All in favor, motion carried.
5. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of meeting on 4/14/22.
Daryl Alford made motion to accept minutes as read, seconded by Kason Menges. All approved; motion carried.
6. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
Daryl Alford made motion to pay bills, seconded by Kason Menges. All approved; motion carried.
7. Consider and take action on proposed park grant. Presented by Stephanie Fontenot with GrantWorks.
This grant is through Texas Parks & Wildlife, we have a great shot at getting the grant of $150,000. There is a $5000 application fee from the Town to apply. Motion by Kason Menges to postpone to next meeting, seconded by Daryl Alford. All in favor, motion carried.
8. Consider and take action to set date for Budget workshop.
Motion by Kason Menges to set workshop for June 16, 2022, at 7 p.m., seconded by Daryl Alford. All approved; motion carried.
9. Town Clean Up Day Report – Lots of limbs moved, some ditches cleaned out, good amount of bottles & trash in ditches. Suggestion for next year, half the amount of donuts & all plain.
10. Around Town
• Presentation to Carnell Carrell for his years of service on the council
• Rocky Weller passed on 4/30/22, no services planned
• Bessie’s sister passed – services at 11 on Saturday at Greater First Baptist Church
• AVFD yearly fundraiser dinner is Saturday
• Some places in the town need to be condemned or mowed
• Mary Beth Wesley was introduced as the owner of new flower shop in town, Fifty Seven Bloom Co.
11. Permit report – None
12. Adjourn at 8:02 p.m.
Motion by Marc Benton to adjourn, seconded by Daryl Alford. All approved; motion carried.