Notice is hereby given that the Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 11th day of August 2022, at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX and via teleconference, (Mayor Karen McDuffie and Alderman Marc Benton will be joining via teleconference with the Mayor Pro-Tem and quorum present at the Town Hall, Mayor Pro-Tem Harold Minor presiding) at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
Topic: August 2022 City Council Meeting Date/Time: August 11, 2022, 7:00 PM
Meeting ID: 915 755 6621 Password: toacouncil
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9157556621?pwd=YWVlcVVZS2ZZL2FJYzB4UzlURWpBQT09
One tap mobile: +13462487799,,9157556621# US (Houston)
Dial by your location: +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k0PTXruon
1. Call to order:
•Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
•Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the Meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the special meeting on 7/19/22.
4. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
5. Sewer Report from Big Wastewater Company.
6. Road work update from Harry Walker.
7. Consider and take action to approve bid to replace roof.
8. Consider and take action on Jerome Pasket’s compliance proposal on the property at 353 N Main Street.
9. Consider and take action to prioritize and begin abatement procedures on vacant properties around town.
10. Consider and take action to accept resignation of current cleaning person.
11. Consider and take action to hire new cleaning person.
12. Receive, review, and discuss Chief Appraiser’s Submission of 2022 Appraisal Roll, no-New Revenue Tax Rate, Voter-Approval Tax Rate, and other Tax Rate Adoption Materials.
13. Consider and take action to propose 2022 Tax Rate.
14. Consider and take action to approve date for FY23 budget workshop
15. Around Town
16. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 8th day of August 2022, at 3:45 p.m.