PUBLIC HEARING ON ADDITIONAL REALLOCATION FUNDS FOR HARVEY CDBG-DR PROGRAM CONTRACT NO. 20-065-116-C377 AND THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ANDERSON, GRIMES COUNTY, TEXAS, THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2023
Notice is hereby given that the Public Hearing on Additional Reallocation Funds for Harvey CDBG-DR Program Contract No. 20-065-116-C377 and Regular Meeting of the Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will be held on Thursday, the 11th day of May 2023, beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Hall, 415 Hill St, Anderson, TX, at which time the following subjects will be discussed and acted upon, to-wit:
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Establish quorum
4. Conduct a public hearing and obtain comments regarding the additional reallocation funds for Harvey CDBG-DR Program Contract No. 20-065-116-C377. Citizen participation is invited.
5. Adjourn Public Hearing
1. Call to order:
• Roll call
• Establish quorum
• Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. Flag
• Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag: “Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
2. Public Comments: We look forward to hearing from the citizens of Anderson. Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. If you wish to share any thoughts and/or concerns during the Public Comment portion of the Meeting, you must sign-in on the form at the back of the room before the Meeting is called to order. Public comments are limited to 3 minutes per person. The Aldermen will receive the information and investigate the matter or place the issue on a future agenda if necessary.
3. Consider and take action to approve the minutes of the meeting on 4/20/23.
4. Consider and take action to approve the list of claims and bills.
5. Consider and take action to authorize the Mayor to submit an Amendment to the Texas General Land Office for modifications to its Texas CDBG-DR Harvey Contract (#20-065-116-C377) to include the Harvey Reallocation Funds, including executing all necessary documents required for the amendment. This motion will need to include streets that are to be added to the amendment.
6. Consider and take action on participation in the Freedom Picnic on 7/1/23.
7. Consider and take action to have GrantWorks pursue Texas Parks & Wildlife grant for park.
8. Consider and take action to set date for Budget Workshop.
9. Town Clean Up Day Report
10. Around Town
11. Permit report
This meeting shall be conducted pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq. At any time during the meeting the Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the above posted agenda items in accordance with the sections 551.071, and Section 1.05, Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct (Consultation with Attorney), §551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), §551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), §551.074 (Personnel Matters), and/or §551.087 (Economic Development). All items listed above are eligible for Council discussion and/or action.
I, the undersigned Town Clerk, do hereby certify that the above notice of the Regular Meeting of the above-named Town of Anderson is a true and correct copy of the said notice which was posted in the bulletin board at the front of the Town Hall, Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, on the 8th day of May 2023, at 3:45 p.m.