NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session and for conducting public hearings on Thursday, September 17, 2009, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2009-2010. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2009-2010. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
- Establish quorum, call regular meeting to order.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, August 13, 2009.
- Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2008 – 2009).
- Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance for the Town of Anderson FY 2009-2010.
- Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2009-2010.
- Discuss/consider/approve solution to truck traffic on Main St. (Loop 429).
- Discuss/consider/approve resolution on cell phone usage in school zones adopted by TxDOT.
- Approve finalization of annexation of Fanthorp Inn.
- Discuss/consider/approve final draft of nuisance/condemnation ordinance.
- Consider/accept resignation of Alderman Ernest Henderson.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
- Mayor will update and discuss month’s activities and projects in town.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 8:00 am on September 12, 2009.