NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session and for conducting public hearings on Thursday, September 18, 2008, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2008-2009. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2008-2009. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
- Establish quorum, call regular meeting to order.
- Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, June 19, 2008 and Thursday, August 14, 2008.
- Cori Mooney, Crime Victims Coordinator, will address the council on approving a proclamation as October being Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2007 – 2008).
- Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance for the Town of Anderson FY 2008-2009.
- Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2008-2009.
- Consider/approve a new 5-year Interlocal Agreement for Maintenance of Roads between Grimes County and the Town of Anderson.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
9. Mayor will update and discuss month’s activities and projects in town.
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 1:00 pm on September 12, 2008.