NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in regular session and for conducting public hearings on Thursday, September 19, 2013, at 7:00 P.M in the American Legion Building in Anderson, Texas.
AGENDA FOR BUDGET HEARING
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order, conduct a public hearing on a proposed budget for FY 2013-2014. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR TAX RATE HEARING
Upon completion of the budget hearing, conduct a public hearing on proposed tax rate for FY 2013-2014. Citizen participation is invited.
AGENDA FOR REGULAR MEETING
1. Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
2. Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to three minutes. The Aldermen will receive the information, ask staff to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
3. Read/consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on Thursday, September 12, 2013.
4. Consider/adopt a tax rate by ordinance for the Town of Anderson FY 2013-2014.
5. Review/consider/approve amendments to the budget for current fiscal year (2012 – 2013).
6. Consider/adopt a budget by ordinance including all receipts and disbursements for the Town of Anderson FY 2013-2014.
7. Discuss/take action on approving a proclamation from the Crime Victims Assistance program declaring October as being Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
8. Sign off on final agreement between TXDOT, Master Gardeners and the City for the Main Street Project.
9. Discuss/take action on approving an upgrade of the Mayor’s cell phone.
10. Consider/approve resolution for nominations to the Board of Directors of the Grimes County Appraisal District.
11. Take action on documents granting A-S CISD permission for company to bore under Hill St. (if available).
12. Enter into closed meeting to receive legal advice on matters related to the condemnation and other issues. (Texas Government Code #551.071 and #551.072)
13. Return to open meeting and take final action as necessary on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).
This is to certify that I, Gail Sowell, posted this Agenda on the City Hall bulletin board at 7:00pm on September 13, 2013.