NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Aldermen of The Town of Anderson, Grimes County, Texas, will meet in special session to canvas votes on May 16, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. in the Anderson Town Hall, Anderson, Texas. The regular monthly meeting will begin at 7 p.m.
Canvass of votes from May 6, 2017 election.
All duly elected candidates shall qualify by taking an Oath of Office.
The Aldermen shall re-organize by electing one of its members Mayor Pro-Tem and one Secretary.
Establish a quorum, call meeting to order.
Remarks of visitors: Any citizen may address the Aldermen on any matter. Please fill out the required form located on the table at the back of the room. Please limit remarks to 3 minutes. The Aldermen will receive information, ask council to look into the matter, or place the issue on a future agenda.
- Discuss/Consider/Approve resolution presented by Ronnie Hale with Entergy.
- Read/consider/approve of the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday, April 13, 2017.
- Accept/approve the third reading of Building Codes.
- Discuss/consider/approve the Houston Street Project.
- Discuss/consider/approve street repairs based on Grimes County Road and Bridge Dept. proposal.
- Discuss/consider/approve purchasing tablets for the town council.
- Carol DeBose to give report on clean-up. Discuss/consider/approve Town Appreciation Party.
- Discuss/consider/approve two options for individual trash pickup.
- Discuss/consider/approve generating a town newsletter to be mailed to residents.
- Discuss/consider/approve a new waste water fee for town businesses and residents.
- Consider/approve payment of invoices currently due and payable.
Enter into closed meeting if needed to receive legal advice on matters related to issues in the town. (Texas Government Code #551.071 & #551.072)
Return to open meeting; take action on items discussed in closed session (Section #551.102).